KASiBC_AFRiCA

Saturday, 11 July 2026

FREE STATE DETECTIVE ARRESTED IN ANTI-CORRUPTION UNDERCOVER STING OPERATION ​

KASIBC AFRICA
KASiBC AFRiCA©®™ BY: CHANON LECODEY MERRICKS | ONLINE EDITOR 

FREE STATE DETECTIVE ARRESTED IN ANTI-CORRUPTION UNDERCOVER STING OPERATION


SASOLBURG – In a decisive blow against internal police corruption, members of the Free State Police Anti-Corruption Unit have arrested a 43-year-old Detective Sergeant for extortion and corruption.

​The breakthrough arrest took place on Friday afternoon, 10 July 2026, during a meticulously planned undercover entrapment operation executed directly behind the Sasolburg police station.

The Extortion Scheme Exposed

​The criminal investigation began following an incident on Sunday, 5 July 2026, when the detective visited the Zamdela home of a 41-year-old complainant. Finding the man away, the detective returned the following day and informed him that a case of assault had been opened against him.

​Instead of processing the case through legitimate legal channels, the detective allegedly told the victim that "there is no case" and suggested they could "work something out" to make the matter disappear. Coerced by the threat of arrest, the complainant transferred R2,000 to the officer via an electronic funds transfer (EFT).

​The extortion escalated on Wednesday, 8 July 2026, when the detective returned to demand an additional R10,000, claiming that the state prosecutor required the funds to drop the charges. The complainant stated he did not have the cash but promised to arrange a meeting once the money was gathered.

The Trap is Sprung

​Unwilling to comply further, the victim reported the extortion to the Free State Anti-Corruption Unit. Authorities swiftly authorized an official sting operation for Friday afternoon.
The unsuspecting detective met the complainant to collect the cash bribe. Immediately after the exchange took place, undercover anti-corruption officers closed in and arrested the detective on the scene. The marked entrapment money was recovered directly from his possession.

Zero Tolerance for Criminality Within the Ranks

​The Provincial Commissioner of the Free State, Lieutenant General Thabang Lesia, strongly condemned the detective's actions, emphasizing that the police service maintains a policy of absolute zero tolerance toward rogue elements

​"We will not allow the badge to be tarnished by individuals who choose to abuse their authority for personal greed," said Lieutenant General Lesia. "This successful operation sends a clear message to all members that corruption will be rooted out without fear or favor. We are fully committed to cleaning up our ranks and restoring public trust."

​The suspect remains in custody and is expected to make his first appearance in the Sasolburg Magistrate’s Court on Monday, 13 July 2026, where he will face formal charges of corruption and extortion.

WWW.KASIBC.BLOGSPOT.COM 

NEWS ~ AUDIO ~ VIDEO ~ SPORTS ~ EVENTS ~ TOURS ~ STORES
 
KASIBC AFRICA

PRESIDENT RAMAPHOSA MOURNS THE TRAGIC PASSING OF RISING SPORTS STARS JAYDEN ADAMS AND LUQOBO MAKWEDINI

KASIBC AFRICA
KASiBC AFRiCA©®™ BY: CHANON LECODEY MERRICKS | ONLINE EDITOR 

PRESIDENT RAMAPHOSA MOURNS THE TRAGIC PASSING OF RISING SPORTS STARS JAYDEN ADAMS AND LUQOBO MAKWEDINI



PRETORIA – President Cyril Ramaphosa has expressed his profound sadness and extended deep condolences following the untimely passing of two of South Africa’s brightest young sporting talents, Bafana Bafana midfielder Jayden Adams and former South African Rugby Under-18 prop Luqobo Makwedini.

​Adams passed away at the age of 25, while Makwedini passed away at the tender age of 20.
​A Devastating Loss for South African Sport
​The President shared his thoughts and prayers with the families, friends, and sporting colleagues of both athletes during this incredibly difficult time. 

He acknowledged the profound impact the two young men had on their respective sports, both locally and internationally.

​Adams was a key figure for reigning Premier Soccer League champions Mamelodi Sundowns and a rising star within the Bafana Bafana national setup. Meanwhile, Makwedini, a formidable former SA Under-18 representative, had been carving out a promising professional rugby career overseas with his club colleagues in France.

​Tragedy Amid National Sporting Celebrations
​President Ramaphosa noted that the loss of these two exceptional young athletes is felt even more acutely as the country participates in major global sporting events.

​"It is particularly tragic that we are suffering the loss of two outstanding, young athletes at a time when our nation continues to immerse itself in the FIFA World Cup tournament, as well as the Springboks’ and Springbok Women’s matches against Scotland and the USA Eagles in Pretoria today," President Ramaphosa said.
​He praised both athletes for their dedication, talent, and the pride they brought to the nation on the international stage.

"We are grateful for the joy and victories Jayden and Luqobo have given us and their teams as they lived their dreams and held South Africa’s name high on the scoreboards of global sport. May their souls rest in peace," the President concluded.

WWW.KASIBC.BLOGSPOT.COM 


NEWS ~ AUDIO ~ VIDEO ~ SPORTS ~ EVENTS ~ TOURS ~ STORES

 
KASIBC AFRICA

Friday, 10 July 2026

SAPS ARRESTS FUGITIVE WANTED FOR TRIPLE MURDER OF WIFE AND DAUGHTERS IN THE UK ​

KASIBC AFRICA
KASiBC AFRiCA©®™ BY: CHANON LECODEY MERRICKS | ONLINE EDITOR 

SAPS ARRESTS FUGITIVE WANTED FOR TRIPLE MURDER OF WIFE AND DAUGHTERS IN THE UK


JOHANNESBURG – The South African Police Service (SAPS) has arrested a high-profile fugitive, Ndodana Mkhanyisi Tshuma, during an intensive, intelligence-led operation in Kensington, Johannesburg.

​Tshuma is wanted by authorities in the United Kingdom in connection with the brutal murders of his wife, 42-year-old Nothabo Zandile Tshuma, and their two daughters, Natalie (15) and Nala (5). The bodies of the three victims were discovered at their family home near Bedford, England.

​A Coordinated International Crackdown

​The successful apprehension was the result of swift operational coordination and high-level policing. The operation brought together key specialized divisions within South African law enforcement, including:

​The SAPS Interpol National Central Bureau (NCB)

​SAPS Crime Intelligence


​Through the sharing of global intelligence and local tracking, SAPS tactical teams successfully traced Tshuma to his Johannesburg hideout, bringing his time on the run to an end.

No Safe Haven for Criminals

​The Acting National Commissioner of the South African Police Service, Lieutenant General Puleng Dimpane, highly commended the operational teams for their swift, seamless, and coordinated response to the international warrant.

"This arrest demonstrates that South Africa is not a safe haven for fugitives," said Lieutenant General Dimpane. "Anyone who believes they can evade justice by fleeing to our country should know that SAPS will work tirelessly with international law enforcement partners to trace, locate, and arrest them."

​Following his arrest, the suspect remains in police custody. Tshuma is scheduled to make his first appearance in court on Monday, where extradition proceedings to face trial in the United Kingdom are expected to commence.

WWW.KASIBC.BLOGSPOT.COM 

NEWS ~ AUDIO ~ VIDEO ~ SPORTS ~ EVENTS ~ TOURS ~ STORES

KASIBC AFRICA

GAUTENG HOSPITALS PLEDGE OVER 1,000 PROCEDURES FOR MANDELA MONTH SURGICAL MARATHON

KASIBC AFRICA
KASiBC AFRiCA©®™ BY: CHANON LECODEY MERRICKS | ONLINE EDITOR 

GAUTENG HOSPITALS PLEDGE OVER 1,000 PROCEDURES FOR MANDELA MONTH SURGICAL MARATHON


​JOHANNESBURG – The Gauteng Department of Health is set to launch the fourth edition of its Mandela Month Surgical Marathon, with healthcare facilities across the province pledging to perform at least 1,078 surgeries and clinical procedures between 11 and 31 July 2026.

​The annual initiative, held in honor of Nelson Mandela International Day, aims to drastically reduce backlogs on surgical waiting lists, optimize theatre utilization, and restore the dignity of patients who have often spent months or years awaiting treatment. This year’s target marks an ambitious increase from the 806 successful procedures recorded during the 2025 marathon.

​A Massive Coordinated Healthcare Mobilization
The 2026 campaign represents one of the province's largest coordinated surgical access interventions to date. It brings together 19 public hospitals spanning academic, tertiary, regional, and district health facilities.

​Medical teams across more than 20 surgical and clinical disciplines will dedicate extensive theatre time throughout July. The operations will cover a wide spectrum of care, including:
Ophthalmology and Orthopaedics
​General, Paediatric, and Cardiothoracic Surgery
​Urology, Neurosurgery, and Oncology services
​Obstetrics, Gynaecology, and Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

​Planned procedures range from essential cataract surgeries, hernia repairs, and hip or knee replacements to highly specialized interventions such as cochlear implants, penile prosthetic implants, and complex cardiac operations.

Aligning Healthcare with Mandela's Legacy
The initiative directly supports the Department’s broader Treatment Time Guarantees (TTG) Programme, which focuses on improving overall patient flow and optimizing state healthcare resources.

​To strengthen the rollout, the Department has partnered with prominent civil society organizations, including the Gift of the Givers, the Islamic Medical Association of South Africa, Operation Healing Hands, and Envision Africa. These organizations are bolstering the marathon by providing specialist medical teams, essential consumables, and advanced equipment.

​Officials noted that the initiative aligns perfectly with the 2026 Nelson Mandela International Day theme: "It is still in our hands to combat poverty and inequity."

Restoring Hope and Dignity

​For hundreds of patients across Gauteng, these scheduled surgeries represent a life-changing turning point that goes far beyond basic medical intervention. For many, it means the restoration of sight, renewed physical mobility, long-awaited relief from chronic pain, and the vital opportunity to return to work, school, and normal family life.

​The Gauteng Department of Health has extended its highest praise to the surgeons, anaesthetists, nurses, theatre teams, support staff, and hospital management groups who are volunteering to go well beyond the call of duty throughout July to serve their communities and honor the legacy of former President Nelson Mandela through direct, meaningful action.

WWW.KASIBC.BLOGSPOT.COM 

NEWS ~ AUDIO ~ VIDEO ~ SPORTS ~ EVENTS ~ TOURS ~ STORES
 
KASIBC AFRICA

GABONESE NATIONAL SENTENCED TO 10 YEARS FOR R67 MILLION SARS VAT FRAUD ​

KASIBC AFRICA
KASiBC AFRiCA©®™ BY: CHANON LECODEY MERRICKS | ONLINE EDITOR 

GABONESE NATIONAL SENTENCED TO 10 YEARS FOR R67 MILLION SARS VAT FRAUD


JOHANNESBURG - The Palm Ridge Specialised Commercial Crimes Court has sentenced 54-year-old Gabonese national Andre Claude De Diguela to an effective 10 years in direct imprisonment for defrauding the South African Revenue Service (SARS) of approximately R67 million through a sophisticated Value-Added Tax (VAT) refund scheme.

​De Diguela, the sole member of Assistance Medicale Internationale CC, was convicted on 128 counts of fraud and 66 counts of money laundering relating to the illicit movement of roughly R10 million. The criminal offenses were committed over a ten-year period.

A Decade of Forged Medical Invoices

​The conviction follows an intensive investigation launched in 2024, led by SARS investigator Dillo Nyaphudi. The probe revealed that De Diguela systematically fabricated medical invoices to claim massive VAT refunds. He falsely represented to tax authorities that his close corporation had facilitated medical treatment for foreign nationals at various healthcare facilities across South Africa.

​In terms of a plea and sentence agreement concluded with the State, the court sentenced De Diguela to 15 years’ imprisonment on the fraud counts, of which five years were conditionally suspended. He was further sentenced to 10 years’ imprisonment on the money laundering counts. Because the court ordered the sentences to run concurrently, De Diguela will serve an effective sentence of 10 years’ direct imprisonment.

​Severe Impact on the Public Fiscus
​During the court proceedings, Senior State Advocate Marius Oosthuizen submitted that the fraudulent claims allowed the accused to unlawfully siphon millions of rands from SARS, causing significant prejudice to the national fiscus and severely undermining the integrity of the country’s tax administration system.
​The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) has welcomed the successful finalisation of the matter, noting that it highlights the dedication of prosecutors and law enforcement agencies to protecting public resources.

​The NPA emphasized that tax-related offenses do more than just prejudice the State financially; they actively divert crucial funding intended for the delivery of essential public services and broader socio-economic development.

​According to authorities, this conviction and sentence send a clear, strong message that individuals who engage in large-scale fraud and money laundering schemes will be vigorously investigated, prosecuted, and held accountable. 

The case further underscores the vital importance of ongoing, effective collaboration between the NPA, SARS, and other law enforcement agencies in detecting and dismantling complex financial crimes.

WWW.KASIBC.BLOGSPOT.COM 

NEWS ~ AUDIO ~ VIDEO ~ SPORTS ~ EVENTS ~ TOURS ~ STORES

KASIBC AFRICA